I’ve posted this simple recipe a few times on my Facebook page and I have had such a great response that I thought I should actually write-up a blog post on it.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is soooo filling! My kids LOVE when they hear the blender going! Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Monkey Smoothie (or Monkey Popsicle)
- 16 0z of coconut milk
- 4 TB Almond/or some other nut butter
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 3 TB of cocoa powder
- 2 (frozen) bananas
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- Optional add ins: ice, carob nibs, avocado, coconut butter, pastured egg yolk, coconut oil
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend. If using frozen bananas then you may not need any ice cubes. If you are using unfrozen bananas, then throw in 5-8 ice cubes.
2. Top with raw carob nibs and enjoy!!! Makes enough for 2-3 servings so you can enjoy the smoothie now and freeze the rest!
3. POPSICLES: pour into popsicle molds and freeze! Makes 7 popsicles!