I’m on a mission to help other women see how simple and easy it is to make more natural swaps in their health and their home, especially when it comes to supporting their hormones naturally.
As women, we are faced with countless endocrine (hormone-disruptors) disruptors on a day-to-day basis. Endocrine disruptors are human-made chemicals in the environment that interfere with the development and function of all body systems in animals and humans. These endocrine disruptors bind to our hormone receptor sites, triggering a body-wide hormonal influence. Some of them inhibit our natural hormones, thyroid hormones and progesterone. In addition, these chemicals can affect the production , elimination and metabolism of our internal (endogenous) hormones.
Here are some of the most common endocrine disruptors that we face today:
- Home and garden insecticides
- Heavy metals
- BPA found in plastic bottles and food storage containers
- Chemical and pesticide residue in the food we eat
- The water we drink and bathe in
- The air we breath
- Conventional body and cleaning products
Here’s the good news. We do have some control over reducing exposure to these toxins.
Here are some simple strategies for avoiding endocrine disruptors:
- Avoid plastic water bottles and use glass and stainless steel instead.
- Use natural cookware like stainless steel, glass and cast iron. Avoid nonstick cookware.
- Use natural cleaning and body care products.
- Buy or grow food organically. If finances are an issues, focus on organic meat and dairy and the dirty dozen produce list.
How can we support the elimination of endocrine disruptors?
- For most women, fasting or doing a cleanse is a great place to start (especially if you are considering motherhood). You will have to do some personal research on what cleanse you want to do. Choose one that is whole food based and one that doesn’t limit your intake of healthy fats and unprocessed (un-juiced) vegetables.
- You can call on herbs and essential oils to support your hormones naturally and, also, to encourage the elimination of endocrine disruptors.
Some of my favorite herbs and oils that I use to keep my hormones in check are:
- Adaptogens herbs like tulsi “holy basil” and astragalus (to help body resist stressors of all kind)
- Red Raspberry Leaf tea (a nutritive uterine tonic both in pregnancy or outside)
- Lavender (for hormone stress and sleep issues)
- Peppermint (for hot flashes and fatigue)
- Frankincense (for increasing natural progesterone and helping with focus)
- Lemon (to control toxicity and assist with detoxification
- Passion blend (to aid with fatigue and libido)
- Whisper blend (to decrease adrenaline, reduce stress, and boost libido)
So, in honor of the Essential Oil Hormone Summit, which takes place this month on October 22-26 (it’s free to register), I’m going to give away every, single one of these products that you can use to support your hormones AND a pre-release copy of “The Essential Oil Hormone Solution: Reset Your Hormones in 14 Days with the Power of Essential Oils” by Dr. Mariza Snyder!
Giveaway runs through 11:59pm EST on October 28, 2018 and is only open to US & Canadian residents. Winner will be announced on this blog post on October 28th and an upcoming newsletter.
Enter to Win by Filling Out the Rafflecopter Below:
Disclaimer: The content on this website is for educational purposes only. Although I try my best to provide useful and accurate information, you are responsible to research and verify information before relying on it. I am a trained herbalist and not a licensed or registered healthcare provider. I cannot diagnose health conditions. The information on this website is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment. Please consult your medical care provider before using herbal medicine, especially if you have a healthcare concern or are pregnant or nursing.