I’ve been reading and cooking for so many awesome Paleo cookbooks lately! Having resources like this at your fingertips is going to help you stay focused and successful at eating Paleo. There are so many delicious recipes and so many talented bloggers who are creating food art!
Oh did I mention Chocolate Mini Zucchini Bread??? Halle from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition has put together this DELICIOUS cookbook, Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Breads, Batters, and Doughs! I am blown away by some of the recipes in this cookbook. Here’s a few that will amaze you…
Halle has, graciously, let me share her Chocolate Mini Zucchini Bread with you….just one of the many Paleo recipes you can find in her new cookbook, Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Breads, Batters, and Doughs!
Chocolate Mini Zucchini Bread
- Yields: 6 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
- Nutritional Information: Calories: 225, Fat 14.6g, Carbs: 17.6g, Protein: 7.8g
- NOTE: This recipe can be doubled for a full 5″x9″ loaf of bread; bake for an hour.
- 1 cup of almond butter but you can easily make your own (I like this recipe)
- 1-2 TB cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 TB mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Make your almond butter or use store-bought. I made my own cause I had a ton of almonds and it’s so stinkin easy!
2. In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. *whoops, I forgot to do this and just stirred it with a wooden spoon and it came out great still!*
3. Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and fold into the batter.
4. Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
5. Place in a (parchment paper) lined or greased 3.5″x7.5″ loaf pan. You can use mini loaf pans too, just fill 3/4 full. *I used a full loaf pan since I doubled the recipe.*
6. Top with 1-2 TB of mini chocolate chips. *I leaned more towards the 2 TB 🙂 *
7. Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve!
ENJOY! I topped mine with Kerrygold butter and drank it back with some fresh raw milk! It was THE BEST Paleo bread recipe I have EVER made!
Click here to check out Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Breads, Batters, and Doughs cookbook!!!!!