I thought I would just put this out there for my readers. We are in search for a local(ish) Jersey milk cow! We are selling off our dairy goat herd and getting a milk cow!
This has been a dream of mine for forever! We originally started with dairy goats because we didn’t have a lot of land. Now we have plenty of space for a milk cow!
So, if you are within 2 hours (or willing to meet halfway) of Asheville, NC and you have a Jersey milk cow you are selling, then please email me at email@example.com .
I am being a little picky with my first milk cow. Here’s a few requirements that I would like to see in the cow:
- Must be in milk or close to calving
- Would like her to be purebred (doesn’t have to be registered)
- Would like her to be under 5 years old.
- Must be dehorned.
- Must be easy to milk by hand and already milk trained.
- Must have a good working udder and all teats work.
- Must be friendly and used to people.
- If she is in milk, then we would love for her to be already bred.
- Must be disease free.
Ok, I think that is it right now! And if you know anyone looking for a starter goat herd, please let me know as well. We have 9 goats that we are selling, all ADGA registered and come from excellent show and milking lines. They are Nubians and Alpines and 3 are currently in milk!
Thank you so much for reading and stopping by. Please reach out to me if you or someone you know, has a Jersey milk cow! She will be well taken care of and, I’m sure, you will be able to see many, many pictures of her on the blog!