Essential oils are volatile aromatic compounds extracted from plants, fruit, seeds, roots, and bark and have powerful health benefits. They can be used for a wide array of purposes for your health, home, and homemade recipes.
Using essential oils to support your health is called aromatherapy and natural-minded, holistic people have been doing this for thousands of years. When essential oils enter the bloodstream, they have an effect on the whole body. They can enter the bloodstream through various application methods (diffusing, topical use, internal use) and circulate through the bloodstream and interact with tissues and cells throughout the body.
America is a little late to the game and is just now starting to become more aware of the many benefits that essential oils can bring to our bodies…especially these top 5.
5 Essential Oils You Need In Your Life…like right now!
1) Lavender. Lavender has been cherished for it’s unmistakable aroma and beneficial properties for thousands of years.
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Helps to reduce sad feelings because of it’s high amount of linalool
- Promotes a peaceful night’s sleep
- Helps to ease feelings of tension
How to Use:
- Add a few drops of Lavender to your pillow or feet at bedtime
- Keep a bottle of lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations
- Add to a roll-on bottle and top with fractionated coconut oil and apply to wrists, neck and feet to help reduce anxious feelings
2) Frankincense. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of imperfections.
- Promotes healthy cellular function
- Promotes feelings of relaxation and helps to balance the mood
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
How to Use:
- Apply to the bottoms of your feet or diffuse to promote feelings of relaxation and help to balance mood
- Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function
- Add 1-2 drops to skin to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections
3) Melaleuca. More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications.
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Cleanses and rejuvenates the skin
How to Use:
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1-2 drops of melaleuca on the affected area
- Apply a few drops to a spray bottle and mix with water and spay on surfaces to protect against environment threats
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving
4) Peppermint. The peppermint plant is a hybrid of the watermint plant and spearmint and is, personally, one oil I could not live without.
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Promotes digestive health
- Repels bugs naturally
How to Use:
- Use a drop of Peppermint in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth wash
- Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to help alleviate occasional stomach upset
- Place 1 drop in the palms of your hands and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up
5) Lemon. The top-selling essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home.
Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
Promotes a positive mood
How to Use:
Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle and spray on surfaces, tables, sinks and countertops
Diffuse in your home to create a uplifting environment
Take 1-2 drops in a veggie capsule to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort
Essential Oil Quality
The most important thing about essential oils is knowing that not all essential oils are created equal. Where a plant is grown has a major impact on it’s constitution, which then determines the potency of the plant. Additionally, harvesting the right part of the plant at the right time is a major determiner in the quality of an essential oil.
This is why I use and love doTERRA. They are a step above any other essential brand I have ever used. They have a very strict testing standards and harvest their oils all over the world in their prime environment.
How to Buy
If you would like to start using these 5 essential oils, then I recommend a wholesale starter kit through doTERRA. The Home Essentials Starter kit and the Natural Solutions kit include all 5 of these essential oils and more.
Purchase a qualifying starter kit before December 31st and I’ll throw in an extra full-size diffuser, 2 bottles of essentials oils not in your kit, and Frankincense!
Ready to get started? CLICK HERE and let me help you!