I love making my own sugar scrub. I, also, love making my life easier which is why I made these sugar scrub bars. All I have to do is grab a bar before getting in the bath or shower. No more opening up a mason jar and scooping out the scrub and letting water get into the scrub. Now I just take a bar and start lathering it over my body. It’s easy to hold and easy to make!
Sugar Scrub Bars
makes 8 large bars (can cut bars in half)
- 2 cups of white or Turbinado sugar (where to buy)
- 30 drops of essential oil (where to buy) – you pick what fragrance you want. Be careful with citrus oils during the summer months since it is photosensitive.
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of coconut oil (where to buy)
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- silicone muffin mold
- Mix the sugars up in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat. Don’t let it get too hot. If it does, set aside to cool before adding to sugars. You don’t want it to melt the sugar.
- Add the vanilla, essential oil, honey, and coconut oil.
- Scoop into your silicone muffin mold and pop in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- DONE! I keep mine in the fridge during the summer months when my house is warmer.