Have you ever ate something that made you angry? Like it was so good that it made you make a face that said, “Holy moly…how did you make this?“. Yea, that is the kind of reaction I get to my Fancy Bacon Peas. This simple, side-dish is sure to impress your family and friends…and it has bacon in it, so you can’t go wrong!
Fancy Bacon Peas:
- 16oz package of frozen peas, thawed out
- 4 slices of thick-sliced bacon
- 1 shallot or 1/4th of a sweet onion
- 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise (make it yourself)
- 2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove bacon when crisp but leave the heavenly bacon grease.
- Saute the onions for 3-5 minutes until soft and tender.
- Add the peas and cook for 3 minutes until soft and cooked. Remove from heat and put in a serving bowl.
- Toss the mayo, pepper, salt and lemon juice till combined and smooth.
- Add bacon to the serving bowl with the peas.
- Pour the dressing over the peas, bacon and onions and toss.
- Serve warm!