Oil Pulling is an ancient detoxification practice that involves swishing oil around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. The benefit of doing this is to reduce the amount of harmful bacteria, reduce dental plaque, remineralize your teeth, help with gum issues, and strengthen your gums. You can give your teeth an extra boost by oil pulling with essential oils.
When you swish oil around in your mouth, plaque get stuck to the oil and dissolve in the liquid oil. So you are removing a lot of bacteria, which is found in plague and leads to all kinds of oral health problems, every time you oil pull.
What Oil to Use:
Traditionally, sesame seed or sunflower oil was used among the early oil-pullers, however, my personal favorite is coconut oil because it has so many health benefits. You can use any oil that you like, just stay away from canola or vegetable oil.
Adding Essential Oils to Your Oil Pulling Regime:
Adding in therapeutic-grade, 100% pure, essential oils into your oil pulling regime is a great way to give your health a supercharge! Only use therapeutic-grade essential oils. These oils are safe to use as a dietary supplement (internally) and since you are swishing them around in your mouth, you need to use the safest. I buy my essential oils at wholesale price and I encourage you to do the same! You can CLICK HERE and learn how to get your essential oils from me at wholesale cost!
What Essential Oils to Use:
- Peppermint essential oil.
- Clove essential oil.
- Basil essential oil.
- Melaleuca essential oil.
- Myrrh essential oil.
- “Protective” blend essential oil.
Coconut Oil Bites for Oil Pulling:
- 1 cup of coconut oil (you will have a little amount left over)
- 24-48 drops of therapeutic grade essential oil (see recommendations above)
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Pour into silicone mold (I like this one. It is .3 ounce which is nearly a tablespoon…perfect amount to swish around) .
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to each individual mold.
- Stick in the fridge to harden.
- Once hard, pop out of the silicone mold and store on the counter or fridge. If you live in a warmer climate, you will want to keep it in the fridge.
- Happy oil pulling!