Please welcome my friend George Bryant from the wildly popular Paleo food blog Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations and NEW BOOK, The Paleo Kitchen. After spending the first 20-something years of his life in a constant battle with his weight, and then nearly losing both his legs while deployed as a U.S. Marine, George took matters into his own hands and began his Paleo journey. What started as a simple place to post recipes for friends has since become an award-winning food blog. After serving in the Marines for 12 years, George now enjoys working full-time creating delicious Paleo recipes, hoping to change many lives for the better by making simple and tasty real food dishes.
Together, George and Juli have masterfully created daring flavor combinations that will bring your Paleo experience to a whole new level. This beautiful cookbook offers full-color photos along with tips, tricks and anecdotes straight from the clever minds of these culinary mavericks.
The Paleo Kitchen boasts over 100 brand new recipes consisting of appetizers, entrées, side dishes, and decadent desserts that are sure to invigorate and please the fearless caveman palate.
· Sage and Shallot Delicata Squash Soup
· Citrus Mint Sugar Salad
· Blackberry Lavender Muffins
· Banana Chip French Toast
· Creamy Seafood Risotto
· Pepper Crusted Prime Rib
· Asian Marinated Bacon-wrapped Asparagus
· Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
· Blueberry Cheesecake
· Lime Pound Cake with Coconut Lime Frosting
I’m so lucky to have them share with you all today one of their delicious recipes, Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread.
Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
Yield: 1 (9-by-5-inch/23-by-12-cm) loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound/455 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick/50 grams) grass fed butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 grams) almond butter
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the swirl:
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (3½ ounces/100 grams) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving