I’ve been so excited to share this delicious recipe with you all from Sylvie at Hollywood Homestead. Hollywood Homestead is one of my favorite Paleo bloggers, and I’m not just saying that. She puts out some incredible recipes, home schools (technically unschools), and is making Paleo work for her large family. She is so motivating to follow on Facebook and is always giving practical advice on how to transition a family over to eating Paleo. Please welcome my beloved friend Sylvie as she shares her delicious Paleo Pumpkin Pie recipe with all of us!
Pumpkin, pumpkin, everywhere! If you’re a pumpkin addict like we are you’re eager to use pumpkin in just about everything this time of year. Now, we don’t do treats very often, mainly because they’re not always quick and way too easy to eat the whole thing (ahem, not that I would know anything about that).
But sometimes you just need to paleo-ify the greatness that is pumpkin pie! Try it this Thanksgiving, or this Sunday or heck even tomorrow!
Paleo Pumpkin Pie
What you will need (FILLING):
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. all-spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
What you will need (CRUST):
- Put 1/2 cup cashews in the food processor and blend until in fine chunks.
- Peel, cut and add the avocado to the mix.
- Blend until creamy.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl and add all other ingredients, starting with the pumpkin and coconut milk.
- Mix thoroughly (I used a Cuisinart “smart stick” hand blender, which worked perfectly).
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and mix until it looks like dough.
- Grease a pie pan and place dough in the center.
- Use your hands to stretch dough until it reaches the edges of the pan.
- Pour in the filling mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
Hollywood Homestead: Sylvie is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks. Sign up for her newsletter at www.hollywoodhomestead.com and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.