This is extremely hearty and extremely delicious! I am in heaven with this bowl of Spaghetti Squash Goulash sitting in front of me. My kids devoured it and hubby had thirds, so I think that is another one for Mommy! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This is a HUGE recipe, so, please, divide and conquer if you need to. I usually make the full recipe and freeze half. Or I take this recipe to a pot luck since it serves 6-10 people.
Spaghetti Squash Goulash
3lbs of ground beef
2 onions, diced
3 cups of stock (I usually use my homemade chicken stock, but you can use beef stock too) or water
1(29 ounce) can of tomato sauce or homemade marinara sauce
1(29 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 bay leaves
2 TB Italian Seasoning
3 TB of Coconut Aminos (soy sauce)
1 TB of Seasoned Salt (I use this homemade version)
1 ts salt
1 ts pepper
1 ts garlic powder
1 large or 2 small Spaghetti Squash*
1. In a large Dutch oven or pot, saute the ground meat over medium-high heat until cooked through.
2. Add the onions to the pot and saute them until tender; about 5 minutes.
3. Add 3 cups of stock (or water), tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic Italian seasoning, bay leaves, Coconut Aminos, salt, pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Stir well and then cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes of medium-low heat.
4. Turn the heat to a simmer and cook for another 15 minutes.
5. Remove pot from heat and cool for 15-30 minutes.
6. Either stir in the cooked Spaghetti Squash or just place the mixture on top of the squash on a plate.
**I served this with Almond Bread.