I love chai tea and the way the spices in a chai tea smell. I have been making my own lip balm for years now, usually I just put my All Purpose Salve on my lips, but I wanted something a little “fancier” so I created a delicious Spiced Chai Lip Balm recipe that I know you will enjoy.
I wanted to stay away from citrus essential oils because they are photo toxic and it is the summer! You can easily double or triple this recipe to make extras to give away to your friends!
A NOTE OF ESSENTIAL OILS: I only recommend therapeutic-grade essential oils. You can purchase therapeutic-grade essential oils at wholesale cost (CLICK HERE to learn more!).
DIY Spiced Chai Lip Balm
makes 10 3ml jars
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Cacao Butter or Raw Shea Butter (can leave this ingredient out in the winter but it helps hold the balm together during the hot summer months)
- 1 Tablespoon of Beeswax Pastilles
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Castor Oil for shine
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Essential Oils: 4 drops of Cinnamon Bark or Cassia, 4 drops of Ginger, and 4 drops of Clove. You can also substitute Black Pepper essential oil and/or Coriander Essential oil if you want! (where to buy)
- Small Containers or reused lip balm tubes
- Add the coconut oil to a small pan and simmer till melted.
- Add the beeswax pellets and cacao/or shea butter and simmer for about 5-10 minutes till melted.
- Add the castor oil. Stir and remove from stove.
- Let sit till the mixture is warm to the touch, but not thick. It’s easier to pour into containers when it is still liquid.
- Add in the vanilla and essential oils. Stir.
- Pour into your containers and enjoy!