Tuna Kobachi is my favorite dish to get at a Sushi restaurant. Unfortunately, it’s really hard to find and many Sushi chefs don’t know how to make it. If you like Sashimi, you are going to love this dish! It usually comes as an appetizer on a bed of sliced cucumbers or avocados. I love avocados with it cause it just compliments the flavor.
For the tuna, you want to look for wild-caught tuna. I buy mine at Fresh Market and it comes labeled, “Sashimi Tuna” or “Sushi-Grade“. Just make sure it’s wild-caught and you should be good to go!
The Asian spice that goes with this, I found at a local Asian store. It’s called shichimi togarashi and the ingredients include red chili pepper, orange peel, sesame seeds, Japanese pepper, ginger and seaweed. If you don’t have a Asian store near you, you can order it for pretty cheap on Amazon (click here to see it).
- 3 Tuna Steaks (wild-caught from a local source)
- 2 TB of Sesame Oil (if you like spicy, you can do a blend of regular sesame oil and HOT Sesame Oil)
- 1 teaspoon of Togarashi spice
- Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds (Black or Natural) – I do a little of both.
- One bunch of green onions, cut to the white part.
- Coconut Aminos (Paleo soy sauce) to dip.
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- OPTIONAL: Fish Roe/Caviar
**I find most these ingredients for cheap at a local Asian store**
- With a really sharp knife, cut the tuna into small chunks. Toss in a bowl.
- Add the green tips of the onions, sesame oil, togarashi spice, and sesame seeds.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If you like it spicy, add more togarashi spice.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the Tuna.
- Enjoy sliced cucumbers or avocados on the side and dip in coconut aminos!
70+ All Natural, Toxin Free DIY Home Recipes That Really Work
Do you want to eliminate toxins and learn how to make your home Toxic-Free?! Toxic Free teaches you to make your own cleaning and personal care products, helps you find the safest and most effective ingredients, encourages you to save money with natural recipes, shows you how to avoid known carcinogens, and helps you protect your family from hidden toxins.