Spring Clean Your Life with 40+ Homemade Recipes {it's free}!

• Create a chemical-free home by using simple and cheap ingredients!

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

pumpkinspicecookies-3

This is another generous guest post from my friend Kelly over at A Girl Worth Saving! Today she is sharing her recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies! Please check out her awesome Paleo food blog loaded with delicious recipes and follow her on Facebook to stay up to date on new recipes she is creating! Please welcome my friend, Kelly!Β

There are three things that signify fall in my book: 1) That otherworldly feeling that the seasonal light has changed 2) The appearance of golden and blood red leaves on the trees that line my neighborhood and 3) The warm, pungent scent of cinnamon and nutmeg baking in my oven.

It’s amazing how the smell of these pumpkin spice cookies wrapped around me like a well-worn sweater. I couldn’t help but snatch them out of the oven and destroy two of them before I got the frosting on them. These cookies are soft and, like any treat with a lot of spice, they get better as they age.

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Ingredients:
Cookie Batter :

Frosting:

Instructions:
  1. In a mixing bowl add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, egg, molasses, coconut sugar and vanilla then blend.
  2. Next add in your dry ingredients and mix until you have a soft dough.
  3. Pinch a walnut size piece and roll into a ball. Place on a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and press flat with your fingertips.
  4. Repeat.
  5. Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 25 – 28 minutes. Remove and let cool until warm and then frost.
  6. To make the frosting, whip all the ingredient in a small bowl until well combined.
  7. Enjoy!

Paleo Pumkkin Spice Cookies

kellybejellyheadshot

Kelly Bejelly is a grain-free cook, with an admitted sweet tooth, who creates Paleo, Gluten-free Recipes on her food blog – A Girl Worth Saving. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and instagram.

, , , ,

24 Responses to Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1. Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving October 16, 2013 at 10:54 am #

Thanks so much for having me as a guest on your lovely site!

2. Erin @ Texanerin Baking October 16, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

YEAH! πŸ˜€

I have never seen such soft and chewy looking pumpkin cookies. They always look cakey. But these look nice and dense! Woohoo! Totally making these. I’ll let you all know how they come out. πŸ™‚

3. Amanda October 16, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

Where do you get Paleo Molasses…?

• The Paleo Mama October 17, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Blackstrap molasses is a good choice. Anything that is pure molasses.

4. Karyn October 17, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Thanks for the recipe, Kelly. These look perfect for the autumn party our co-op is having. Yum. If I can’t find coconut sugar, will honey do or will it too drastically change the texture? I live in the boonies so I can’t always find things (might have to resort to another Amazon order).

• Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving October 24, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

Karyn, the dough is pretty soft which is why I used coconut sugar versus honey because I was afraid it would be too liquidy. You could use honey but you might have to add a little coconut flour to firm it up.

5. Brittany October 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

These are addicting! I didn’t have coconut sugar so I substituted some maple syrup & honey and they still came out delicious.

6. Dawna October 28, 2013 at 11:03 pm #

What can I use to replace Palm Shortening?

• The Paleo Mama October 29, 2013 at 8:21 am #

I’m not sure if there is a healthy replacement for Palm Shortening. You can eat it without the icing but the icing makes it so delicious!

• Kelly @ A Girl Worth Saving October 31, 2013 at 12:21 pm #

You could use butter or coconut cream Dawna.

7. wendy October 29, 2013 at 12:05 am #

I don’t have any palm shortening …..is there anything I can substitute for it?

8. suzanne October 29, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Do you think these would work with 1/2 and 1/2 coconut flour and tapioca flour? (I’ve come to love that combo, but don’t want to ruin all these amazing ingreds if it doesn’t work!) Thanks in advance….

• The Paleo Mama October 29, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

I have no idea!!! I will tell you that I used coconut shreds and it came out perfect!

9. Jessica Beam October 29, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

Did I miss an ingredient? I don’t see eggs listed but the instructions say to combine egg.

• The Paleo Mama October 29, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

One egg is listed in the cookie batter ingredients.

10. ivvygrrl December 10, 2013 at 10:18 pm #

The cookies were great, but I was not as impressed with the frosting. It turned out more brown than white after I added the vanilla and cinnamon.

11. Tiffany December 20, 2013 at 10:45 pm #

I doubled the recipe but for me it turned out more dry than expected. I did not frost them but they are very dry once you bite into them. The dough itself was not too dry, I was still able to work fine with it. Maybe I will turn them into some sort of a layer for a cake or something.

12. Jackie B. December 27, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

I made them and I agree oddly they were moist but dry lol- – but very good!!!!! I made the icing and it was brownish as well AND I used 1/4 of butter which is very rich! I will get the palm shortening next time but I really like these a lot!!!!!!

13. Meag Olson October 29, 2014 at 9:49 pm #

I was searching for fun pumpkin recipes on Pinterest for my 3 year old daughters Halloween party at a local park and I stumbled on this gem. Holy Moly these are amazing!!! Toddler, picky husband, and hard to please Mother-In Law approved! Big win πŸ™‚

14. Jerri-Lynn November 5, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

Hi…just stumbled across these and made them. Delish ! I did my own version of the glaze though…just creamed honey and coconut oil. Do they need to be stored in the fridge? Thank you

• Jackie Ritz November 8, 2015 at 7:46 am #

They are OK a day or so outside the frig, but it sure would be find to store them there and just let them warm a bit before you eat them.