Notice: Undefined index: leadboxes_timed_js in /nas/content/live/thepaleomama/wp-content/plugins/leadpages/lbset.php on line 140
I was going to post these next week but I think today is good but wanted to get them to you in time for the Saturday football games! These muffins are delicious. I am a HUGE fan of buffalo chicken wings…HUGE. But they are just so terrible for you. We make them ourselves sometimes to cut down on the loaded transfats from frying them in canola or peanut oil, or whatever they use. But, I wanted to create something that I could grab in a hurry and that was actually good for me. Great thing about these Buffalo Chicken Muffins is that they are loaded with protein and, also, perfect for you if you are doing “Kick the Weight with Keto” with me!
The Buffalo Chicken Muffins do the trick! In fact you might not even want to eat chicken wings after these! I'm not joking…these are amazing! You can make a a batch for the week and then just reheat them accordingly. Another great thing about these muffins is that they are CHEAP to make, especially if you use chicken breast and not expensive ground chicken.
I hope you enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Muffins
- 2 chicken breasts (raw) or 1lb of ground chicken (cheaper to grind yourself in a food processor)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of bleu cheese (you can omit this if you really, truly need to)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Frank's RedHot Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1) Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Chop up the raw chicken breast into large chunks. Then throw them in the food processor. Process for about 30 seconds until it is completely ground. Let it rest for a second.
3) In another bowl add the eggs, green onions, bleu cheese, baking soda, salt and pepper. Mix till blended.
4) Add the chicken, bleu cheese, and hot sauce to the bowl and mix until everything is incorporation.
5) Scoop into a silicone muffin pan (I love this one) or a heavily greased muffin pan.
6) Bake for 25 minutes till muffins are firm.
7) Serve with extra hot sauce, ranch, celery and carrots! Makes 12 muffins!