I’m always looking for budget-friendly ways to get seafood into my family. If I have the money in our budget I will buy fresh salmon, cause we all know that is the best. But, if I don’t have the money, I don’t stress, I just grab some canned WILD-caught salmon and find creative ways to use it. I get my salmon from Costco for a good price, along with a bunch of other things.
Salmon Patties with a Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce
2 (6-ounce) cans of wild salmon
1 TB of mustard
1 cup of almond flour
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 ts pepper
1/2 ts salt (optional)
1 ts dill
2-4 TB of coconut oil/or butter/or lard
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat with your fat/oil of choice.
2. In a bowl, whisk your eggs, then add the onions, garlic, almond flour, salmon, pepper, salt, dill, and mustard.
3. Shape into 8 patties. Fry them on both sides; about 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer to a plate. If you would like, you can pop them in the oven for an additional 10 minutes (450 degrees F) while you make the cream sauce. This will make sure the middle is cooked through.
Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce
1/2 cup of thick, full-fat coconut milk (I used the thick part off an unshaken can). If you do dairy, you can use sour cream.
2 TB of lemon juice
1 ts of dried dill
Few shakes of black pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together. Pour over the Salmon Patties and enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
- PlanetBox Lunchbox Review & PlanetBox GIVEAWAY!!!
- 36 Paleo Foods Found at Sam’s for CHEAP!