Salmon Patties with a Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce

Want to learn more about essential oils, but not sure how to start? Try my FREE Essential Oil QuickStart guide and get 10 days of lessons delivered to your email inbox for 10 days.  (order here) ...no strings attached!

I’m always looking for budget-friendly ways to get seafood into my family. If I have the money in our budget I will buy fresh salmon, cause we all know that is the best. But, if I don’t have the money, I don’t stress, I just grab some canned WILD-caught salmon and find creative ways to use it. I get my salmon from Costco for a good price, along with a bunch of other things.

Last night, I made a great salmon patty with a cream sauce worth sharing. These are Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly!!! Hope you like it!

Salmon Patties with a Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce

_MG_7200

Ingredients:

2 (6-ounce) cans of wild salmon

4 eggs

1 TB of mustard

1 cup of almond flour

4 cloves of garlic, minced

1 onion, finely diced

1/2 ts pepper

1/2 ts salt (optional)

1 ts dill

2-4 TB of coconut oil/or butter/or lard

Directions:

1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat with your fat/oil of choice.

2. In a bowl, whisk your eggs, then add the onions, garlic, almond flour, salmon, pepper, salt, dill, and mustard.

3. Shape into 8 patties. Fry them on both sides; about 3-4 minutes per side.

4. Transfer to a plate. If you would like, you can pop them in the oven for an additional 10 minutes (450 degrees F) while you make the cream sauce. This will make sure the middle is cooked through.

Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce

1/2 cup of thick, full-fat coconut milk (I used the thick part off an unshaken can). If you do dairy, you can use sour cream.

2 TB of lemon juice

1 ts of dried dill

Few shakes of black pepper

Directions:

Whisk all the ingredients together. Pour over the Salmon Patties and enjoy!

_MG_7195

Please note: Products mentioned in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information on this page are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, psychological, or psychiatric problem, or a disability that requires medical attention, then you should consult your licensed medical doctor or appropriate health care provider. Always consult your medical doctor regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

, , , , , ,

24 Responses to Salmon Patties with a Creamy Lemon-Dill Sauce

1. inna March 6, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Can you please tell me what brand salmon you buy at Costco. Last time I bought canned salmon there it was a good deal but then I realised it wasn’t wild. Thanks for the recipe. Will definately be trying it. I love salmon parties. I just discovered your blot yesterday and love it.

• The Paleo Mama March 6, 2013 at 10:33 am #

I used up the last can yesterday so I can’t look. But it comes in a 6pack and says wild-Alaskan on it.

2. Linda Blakley March 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

This was really good. Thanks for sharing! :)

3. Miriam March 26, 2013 at 9:01 pm #

Think I can sub coconut flour for the almond flour?

• The Paleo Mama March 27, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

Yes, but probably not as much since coconut flour soaks up liquids and is really dry

• Rachel June 5, 2013 at 10:00 am #

I successfully made these with 1/2 cup plus 4 tbs of coconut flour. (The 4 Tbs was to dust the pre formed patties so that they didn’t stick to the pan).

• cami May 11, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Hi Miriam, how did it work with coconut flour?? (if you remember :))

4. Brittany S. June 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

Could you sub tuna?

5. Macrina Lane August 8, 2013 at 11:32 pm #

I made them minus the garlic and onoins. I ddidn’t have them on hand. So yummy as and very filling! Thank you! Would you say just one of these is a serving or two? It would be good with an S side!

• The Paleo Mama August 13, 2013 at 9:50 pm #

I would say two servings…or even 3-4.

• Macrina August 14, 2013 at 9:01 pm #

So 2 patties of the 8 would be consider a serving you think? Which would be 4 servings total.

• The Paleo Mama August 15, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I usually eat 2 patties…but you can eat more if you want!

6. Dan Miller August 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

What if I have fresh caught salmon? do I just use it raw and it’ll cook in the skillet?

• The Paleo Mama August 16, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

You could probably do it either way. You could lightly bake it before hand, or just bake it on the skillet. If you start with it raw, I would toss it in the oven to finish it off and get the middle cooked through.

7. Maryann Ramirez September 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm #

Made these tonite. Very good recipe. Could have used more dill in the actual patties. The lemon dill sauce was over the top delicious! Thanks for sharing!

8. Shannon October 21, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

These are fabulous…I followed the patty recipe exactly except I added 2 tsp of old bay seasoning. Have you ever frozen the cooked patties before and reheated them later? Wondering if these could be a semi-convience food ala freezer ;)

• The Paleo Mama October 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

No I never have! They usually don’t make it that long! I’m actually about to make some more tonight! I’m so glad you enjoyed them!

9. Wanda Ball November 9, 2013 at 7:51 pm #

did I understand an earlier post on this recipe – that 1 cake would be considered 2 servings?

10. Jeannette November 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

I made these for the first time on Sunday, so that I would have something for lunch all week. They. are. awesome. Even my husband loves them, and he doesn’t like fish. :)

11. Rebecca February 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm #

I freaking loved these. So did my husband and my 8-month-old baby. Thank you so much!!!

12. Judy Winters April 6, 2014 at 3:39 pm #

I made the salmon patties with dill sauce. We loved it. Will make this in the future. Thank you for sharing. :)