I grabbed a dozen quail eggs from my local Asian market a few days ago because they were dirt cheap, but I wasn’t sure what I would do with them. I decided to boil them and stuff them inside my Asian meatballs! They turned out delish! You could also use small chicken eggs or you could just not use eggs at all and just make the meatballs! Whatever you would like!
1lb of ground beef/lamb/pork (I used beef)
4 oz of mushrooms, minced
½ cup of sweet potatoes or carrots, peeled and minced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 TB of fish sauce (I use Red Boat)
1 TB sesame oil
1 heaping TB tomato paste
1 TB raw honey
1 TB coconut aminos (Paleo-approved soy sauce)
1 TB garlic powder or minced garlic
½ ts cumin
½ ts coriander
1 ts salt
1 ts pepper
Quail eggs, small chicken eggs, or no eggs at all!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Hard boil your quail eggs. I used my method for boiling eggs and they were easy, peasy to peel. Set your eggs in a small pot. Cover with cold water. Set on stove and turn the stove on. When the water starts to boil, remove the pot from stove and cover it with a lid. Wait 10 minutes and put the pot under cold running water. Peel while warm.
3. Mince the mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and onion. I threw them in my food processer and pulsed a few times.
4. Throw the minced veggies in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the ground meat. Mix, then add ground meat.
5. Mix really well with your hands. Grab your quail eggs and wrap the meat mixture around it. It’s easiest to flatten the meat out on your hand like a pancake and then fold it around the egg. Make sure it is sealed around the egg.
6. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
7. ENJOY!!!Please note: Products mentioned in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information on this page are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, psychological, or psychiatric problem, or a disability that requires medical attention, then you should consult your licensed medical doctor or appropriate health care provider. Always consult your medical doctor regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.