I grabbed a dozen quail eggs from my local Asian market a few days ago because they were dirt cheap, but I wasn’t sure what I would do with them. I decided to boil them and stuff them inside my Asian meatballs! They turned out delish! You could also use small chicken eggs or you could just not use eggs at all and just make the meatballs! Whatever you would like!
1lb of ground beef/lamb/pork (I used beef)
4 oz of mushrooms, minced
½ cup of sweet potatoes or carrots, peeled and minced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 TB of fish sauce (I use Red Boat)
1 TB sesame oil
1 heaping TB tomato paste
1 TB raw honey
1 TB coconut aminos (Paleo-approved soy sauce)
1 TB garlic powder or minced garlic
½ ts cumin
½ ts coriander
1 ts salt
1 ts pepper
Quail eggs, small chicken eggs, or no eggs at all!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Hard boil your quail eggs. I used my method for boiling eggs and they were easy, peasy to peel. Set your eggs in a small pot. Cover with cold water. Set on stove and turn the stove on. When the water starts to boil, remove the pot from stove and cover it with a lid. Wait 10 minutes and put the pot under cold running water. Peel while warm.
3. Mince the mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and onion. I threw them in my food processer and pulsed a few times.
4. Throw the minced veggies in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the ground meat. Mix, then add ground meat.
5. Mix really well with your hands. Grab your quail eggs and wrap the meat mixture around it. It’s easiest to flatten the meat out on your hand like a pancake and then fold it around the egg. Make sure it is sealed around the egg.
6. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
70+ All Natural, Toxin Free DIY Home Recipes That Really Work
Do you want to eliminate toxins and learn how to make your home Toxic-Free?! Toxic Free teaches you to make your own cleaning and personal care products, helps you find the safest and most effective ingredients, encourages you to save money with natural recipes, shows you how to avoid known carcinogens, and helps you protect your family from hidden toxins.