A friend of mine recommended me to try these Zucchini Brownies. I thought, “Hmm, that sounds weird, but I do love zucchini.” Then I looked at the recipe and was shocked to see that there is no flour! What the heck??? However there is 1 cup of dark chocolate, so I was IN! It was one of those nights where I was craving something, but I didn’t know what, so I made several things to try to satiate my odd craving.
In walks Zucchini Brownies…craving satisfied.
Here’s the recipe; this is from Fast Paleo’s website.
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- i tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice (I didn’t add this)
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mega Chuncks
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan (I used an 8×8 pan)
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe is gold! We loved it. It’s pretty rich, so it’s a great treat and it’s loaded with protein too. Next time I won’t use 1/3 cup honey because the chocolate chips and peanut butter sweeten it pretty well. This is definitely a keeper! My 3 year old asked for seconds and I didn’t have to say no to her because they are so healthy!
- Fruit Gummy Snacks
- When deep cries out to deep…