This is so good, I just can’t keep it to myself anymore! I make it 2-3 times every month. It’s just so delicious and comforting. I adapted this recipe from a non-Paleo recipe I saw on here. It’s so nourishing and 100% Paleo! You can make it Primal by using sour cream instead of coconut milk cream. Hope you like it!
- 2 TB of Butter or Ghee
- 2 TB of extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil, divided
- 1 lg Onion, diced
- 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms (slice em’ thick)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 TB of tomato paste
- 1.5 ts thyme
- 1.5 ts rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 TB arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cup beef stock (I usually use my homemade chicken stock since I make a batch every week)
- 2/3 cup thick coconut cream (this is the cream off the top of a can of coconut milk). I recommend Native Forest for this because it separates really good in the can.
- 1/2 ts of sea salt
- 1/2 ts black pepper
- cooked Cauliflower Rice, Sliced Zucchini “noodles”, sweet potato noodle, or Spaghetti Squash
In a skillet, melt the butter/or Ghee with 1 TB of olive/or coconut oil. Add the mushrooms and onions, and saute until slightly softened and browned around the edges. Remove to a plate.
Brown ground beef in 1 TB of olive oil until no longer pink. Return onions and mushrooms to pan. Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Saute’ for about 3 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle arrowroot powder over meat mixture and stir to combine until arrowroot is completely mixed in. Add beef stock and stir to mix in.
Sauce will begin to thicken as it comes to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
Stir in the thick coconut cream.
Serve over cooked Cauliflower Rice, sliced zucchini noodles, sweet potato noodle, or roasted Spaghetti Squash with some roasted vegetables on the side!
We made it with sweet potato noodles this time which my kids LOVED!