I have an obsession with making body butter. There’s something about putting together the simplest of ingredients and then whipping it up into this luxurious, natural, and nourishing lotion. This Lavender Body Butter does just that; it’s simple to make, only four ingredients and uses lavender essential oil.
I’ve listened to many of you in a few other of my whipped butter recipes and I see that many of you do not like the greasy feeling that coconut oil can leave. If you add in a few tablespoons of arrowroot powder into this recipe, it will cut the greasy feeling and absorb quicker into you skin!
CLICK HERE to see the 10 uses and benefits of lavender essential oil!
Lavender Body Butter
- 2 cups of coconut oil (where to buy)
- 1/2 cup of shea butter (where to buy)
- 2 Tablespoons of Jojoba or Almond oil
- 25 drops of Lavender (where to buy)
- OPTIONAL: 2 Tablespoons of Arrowroot (where to buy) – as mentioned above, it cuts the greasy feeling on your skin.
- BONUS RECIPE: Add 2 Tablespoons of Non-Nano Zinc Oxide and substitute beeswax for the almond oil and you got yourself a healthy sunscreen recipe!
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter over medium – low heat.
- Stick in a fridge (around 30 minutes) or a freezer (around 15 minutes) till the mixture becomes opaque and starts to harden along the sides.
- Using a stand mixer, whip the mixture till it becomes creamy, light, and fluffy.
- As you are mixing the mixture, drizzle the 2 tablespoons of almond or jojoba into the bowl.
- Add the 25 drops of lavender essential oil and sprinkle the arrowroot into the bowl
- Turn off mixer.
- Store in a glass mason jar and lather all over your body!