Oil Pulling is an ancient detoxification practice that involves swishing oil around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes. The benefit of doing this is to reduce the amount of harmful bacteria, reduce dental plaque, remineralize your teeth, help with gum issues, and strengthen your gums. You can give your teeth an extra boost by oil pulling with essential oils.
When you swish oil around in your mouth, plaque get stuck to the oil and dissolve in the liquid oil. So you are removing a lot of bacteria, which is found in plague and leads to all kinds of oral health problems, every time you oil pull.
I added oil pulling to my life when I found out I had 6 cavities! I was able to heal these cavities naturally by eating a traditional diet with the proper nutrients and supplements added. You can click here to read more about how I healed my tooth decay.
What Oil to Use:
Traditionally, sesame seed or sunflower oil was used among the early oil-pullers, however, my personal favorite is coconut oil because it has so many health benefits. You can use any oil that you like, just stay away from canola or vegetable oil.
Adding Essential Oils to Your Oil Pulling Regime:
Adding in therapeutic-grade, 100% pure, essential oils into your oil pulling regime is a great way to give your health a supercharge! I buy my essential oils at wholesale price and I encourage you to do the same! You can CLICK HERE and learn how to get your essential oils from me at wholesale cost!
Here’s a few suggestions to help with oral issues:
- Peppermint essential oil.
- Clove essential oil.
- Basil essential oil.
- Melaleuca essential oil.
- Myrrh essential oil.
- Protective blend of essential oils.
How to Oil Pull:
- First thing in the morning, put 1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon of coconut/or sesame oil in your mouth. Use 1 teaspoon if you are just starting out or if you have a gag reflex. Swish it around till it melts.
- Open your mouth and add 2 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Swish the oil around in your mouth (like you would with mouthwash) for 15-20 minutes. I like to push it through my teeth and around the sides of my mouth. Don’t swish hard or your cheeks will start to hurt! I do this while I’m doing my morning chores and milking the goat! But you can also do it while your getting ready in the morning!
- Spit the oil out in your trash can! Do not swallow it…it is now loaded with bacteria and toxins.
- Brush your teeth with a safe toothpaste! I use my homemade toothpaste, but THIS ONE is great if you can’t make your own!
- Happy Oil-Pulling!