Oh yes folks! It’s time to get down and dirty! This has to be the most fun I have EVER had making a recipe! At one point, I was cooking JERK chicken and making this homemade personal lubricant AT THE SAME TIME. I, literally, was laughing my face off. And, thankfully, none of the JERK spices made their way into the lubricant! Oh lordy.
Please don’t tell me that Paleo Mama would just use spit. I’ve tried that and it just isn’t enough sometimes. Some women are blessed and don’t need a personal lubricant, but some need a little help. Plus, this recipe is a whole lot of fun and adds a little spice to the bedroom.
Seriously though, there are so many ways that your personal lubricant may be harming you. Go read this post if you want a breakdown of how harmful your personal lubricant is. And guess what, you aren’t just eating this stuff…your putting it up your vagina. Gross.
Here is why your over-the-counter personal lubricant is terrible for you:
- It decrease fertility
- It feeds Candida
- It kills vaginal flora
- It causes hormone disruption
- It causes cell damage
Sound sexy, huh? I’ve solved your problem, and my husband has thoroughly enjoyed this recipe…more than any of the Paleo recipes I’ve created! I’ve come up with an EDIBLE, soft, and luscious homemade lubricant. Not only is it completely natural and safe, but it, also, can be used for a sensual massage. You don’t have to whip it, however, whipping it makes it easier to scoop out when the moment arises! If you do whip it and you live in hot weather, it will probably not hold it’s form. However, like I said, whipping is optional. If your house is below 73 degrees, then it should hold it’s whipped form.
For this recipe, I highly recommend you use the best quality products you can find. I link to the ones I recommend in the recipe below. This recipe uses Peppermint Essential Oil which has some really great benefits for vaginal health. You don’t need a lot of peppermint essential oil (ouch), but just enough to get some good vaginal health benefits, along with making the love butter even more delicious! Let’s face it, mint and chocolate together are just delicious! Bonus that the peppermint also causes a slight warming/tingling sensation! You pay big bucks for those lubricants in the store.
I, also, use coconut oil in this recipe which is anti-viral and anti-fungal. The only warning that I give is that you CANNOT use this lubricant with latex condoms. I recommend you pick up polyurethane condom (non-latex) if you do use condoms. I recommend this one by Trojan or this one by Lifestyles.
I add honey to the recipe to make it so yummy. If this is too kinky for you, just omit the honey. Or if you are just wanting to make a sensual massage butter, you can omit the honey. For another great body butter recipe, check out this post.
Chocolate Mint Love Butter
1/2 cup of Cacoa/Cocoa Butter (I recommend this one)
1/2 cup of coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (where to buy essential oils)
3 teaspoons of raw honey (I recommend this one if you can’t find local, raw honey) – you can omit this if you are just making a massage butter and won’t need it to *clears throat* taste good.
1. Put the cacao/cocoa butter in a double boiler. Or if you don’t have a double boiler, like me, you can just make your own. Put a smaller pot inside a bigger pot that is filled with water.
2. Once the cacao butter is melted, add the coconut oil and stir together.
3. Add the 4 drops of peppermint essential oil and the 3 teaspoons of honey (if using). Stir together.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl and let it cool on the counter for about 10 minutes.
5. Then put it in the fridge for about an hour. You will see it starting to get hard.
6. After an hour or two, throw it in a mixer and whip it till it forms white peaks and becomes soft and fluffy.
7. You’re done! Scoop it into a jar and it should keep for 3-6 months at room temperature. You can always store it in the fridge which will help it to keep even longer…up to a year.
Have lots of fun with it! This recipe makes a little more than one cup if you whip it. That should last…well that all depends on you!
OUTTAKES – apparently I have a hard time being “sexy” for the camera!