Pumpkin Pie in 2 Minutes Flat!

Want to learn more about essential oils, but not sure how to start? Try my FREE Essential Oil QuickStart guide and get 10 days of lessons delivered to your email inbox for 10 days.  (order here) ...no strings attached!

pumpkinpie

As a mother of 2 kids at home, 2 goats (one in milk), 17 chickens, and a full-time cleaner and personal laundromat, I am STRAPPED for time. I don’t have time to make pie, cookies, or delicious treats for my kids everyday. I make 3 Paleo meals a day and THAT’S it! My kitchen is a disaster most days!

But it’s pumpkin season and I LOVE me some pumpkin. But I don’t want to make a whole pie. I might eat it all! So, I’ve been trying to find a fix for my pumpkin craving. My Pumpkin Pie in a Cup is delicious, but sometimes I want to chew my pumpkin and not drink it.

I don’t mind microwaves either. I know some people refuse to use them and if you’re reading this and now realize that this recipe requires a microwave…I’m sorry. How’d you think you were gonna get Pumpkin Pie in 2 minutes without a microwave?! I’m sure you can use your oven if you really want to. I’m an honest person. I’m not going to tell you microwaves are bad and then just secretly use one. I have a microwave and I use it often.

So, I put the genius idea of my Mug Brownie together with my Pumpkin smoothie and this is what I’ve come up with. This is very much the texture of Pumpkin Pie because there is no “cake-y” ingredients in it like coconut flour or almond flour. I really suggest you make the crust because it gives it that crunch that blends well with the smooth texture of the Pumpkin!

Pumpkin Pie in 2 Minutes Flat!

pumpkin pie 2

Ingredients:

Crust (Optional) – you can totally make this without the crust…although you would be missing out!

Directions:

1. Put the butter/ghee in a large ramekin and toss in microwave for 3o seconds to melt.

2. Add the shredded coconut and the almond flour to the butter and mix it around with a spoon.  Pat it down to form the crust. Sprinkle with coconut sugar if you like.

pumpkin pie

3. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice, and sweetener of choice together till smooth.

4. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the large ramekin over the crust.

5. Use fingers to form into a pretty little pie!

6. Toss in microwave for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes is up, check it. If the center is still a little wet, then pop it back in for another 20-30 seconds!

_MG_7207

pumpkin pie 2

7. Careful… pumpkin gets really hot! Add your favorite toppings: coconut butter, drizzle of honey or maple syrup, pecans, whipped cream, cinnamon, or butter/ghee and eat!!! My favorite toppings are coconut butter, extra pumpkin pie spice, and pecans!

8. Enjoy and try to share ;)

This recipe is shared on Holistic Squid, Kelly the Kitchen Kop, and Real Food Forager.

Please note: Products mentioned in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information on this page are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, psychological, or psychiatric problem, or a disability that requires medical attention, then you should consult your licensed medical doctor or appropriate health care provider. Always consult your medical doctor regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

, , , , , , ,

46 Responses to Pumpkin Pie in 2 Minutes Flat!

1. Vicki September 27, 2013 at 10:39 am #

I’m not gonna lie. That looks freakin AMAZING. I don’t see why this wouldn’t scale up to make a pumpkin pie the whole family would enjoy. I’ve missed pie crusts. Thanks for sharing this, I’m going to see if I can make a bigger one. In my OVEN! lol

2. Petra September 27, 2013 at 11:30 am #

Looks yummy! How big is the ramekin you used?

3. Kammy September 27, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Thank you so much for this recipe. My only question is if you would know how long to bake in a regular oven as I do not use a microwave.(?) I would greatly appreciate your reply.

• The Paleo Mama September 27, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

I really don’t know!! I’m sorry…but if you do try to make it, please come back and tell me! I would say to just pop it in a 350 degree oven and let it cook for 5-10 min. The center should not be wet!

4. Lumarie September 27, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Yum! Do you think I can substitute coconut flour for the almond flour?

• The Paleo Mama September 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

I would substitute a nut flour of some kind…unless you can’t have nuts. Even just crushing some pecans or walnuts and using that.

5. Nadine September 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm #

This smelled delicious but after cooking for almost 4 min it was still runny. I will have to try it in the oven so the ‘crust’ won’t be soggy.

• The Paleo Mama September 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

Uhhhohh…mine have always firmed up after 2 minutes. Maybe your microwave is really low power.

6. Katie September 27, 2013 at 11:52 pm #

Just made this!!! Took 3 minutes in two small ramekins but it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be making this very often, thanks!

7. JD September 28, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Hello, I tried making the crust with coconut oil and it didn’t form a crust like texture. In fact, It was very liquidy. So I added another heaping tablespoon of almond flour and it still was a bit liquidy but it did form a crust. So I’m not sure if I did it wrong or if coconut oil doesn’t work well. Also, Mine doesn’t look as good or as orange as yours. It was more of a yellow-orange. I think that was from the egg. And it was a bit more eggy than pumpkin :/ Again, I may have just messed up it but I just wanted to report my experience. I used large eggs so I’m wondering if that could have been a factor.

• The Paleo Mama September 28, 2013 at 6:10 am #

I’m sorry it didn’t work! Did you add a TB of each (coconut shreds and almond flour)? Not sure why the color was different. I use canned pumpkin and 1 large egg. Did you use the whole 1/2cup of pumpkin?

8. Michelle Thacker September 28, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

I had the same experience with the coconut oil. I triple checked to make sure I read everything right. 1 TB each of coconut oil, sh. Coconut, and almond flour. Ended up adding about 1 1/2 extra TBS of almond flour to get it to thicken up. I wonder what the difference is? They are just coming out of the microwave now, so I hope they taste as good as they looked!

• The Paleo Mama September 28, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

Maybe butter or ghee is the best way to go then?! I may edit the recipe and just recommend butter/ghee if coconut oil is just not working well. I use butter every time but I know some people are dairy intolerant and can’t have it. In every other recipe I’ve had or made, coconut oil is a 1 for 1 substitute. Hmmmmm

9. Meredith September 28, 2013 at 10:32 pm #

Genius… can’t wait to try this…. Cheers!

10. Shawn Horner September 29, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Just made this- it cam out exactly like your picture – very easy and soooooo good! Thanks :)

11. Jillian October 1, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

Yum, I can’t wait to try this! Now if I can only remember to get some pumpkin!

• crystal October 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

You can get some Trader Joe’s or Raley’s.I got a big one for about $2.99.I hope this is helpfull!

12. Rowena October 2, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

Do you happen to know how many total carbs are in this?

• The Paleo Mama October 2, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

No, I’m sorry…I have no idea!

• crystal October 29, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

I don’t know what it is called ,but I think there is a website to calculate that?I’m not positive.

• MizzEm October 30, 2013 at 11:50 pm #

There are at least a dozen websites with recipe calculators – plug in your ingredients and amounts, it produces the nutrition information for your recipe. I use http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp but Mr. Google can undoubtedly show you several more if you don’t like that one.

13. GiGi Eats Celebrities October 3, 2013 at 12:21 am #

YUM TIMES 1 MILLION!!!!!!! :D

14. Penny October 9, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

Could you out it in the oven instead of microwave? If so, for how long should it cook for?

15. Laura October 12, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

This was great-sorry I didn’t happen on to your website until fairly recently. Used less butter and just an egg white as I can’t stand egg yolk flavor-also used fresh pumpkin or kabocha (I have a freezer full of both frozen in cubes and the label fell off but I think it was kabocha puree lol!) I’d like to try it with other low GI fruits or chayote squash. You have great ideas. Thanks for your hard work and for sharing your ideas!

• The Paleo Mama October 13, 2013 at 2:29 pm #

So glad you liked it! Thank you for coming back to tell me!

16. Kem October 17, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

i hope this doesn’t come across sounding judgemental, but…… MICROWAVE?!!!!??!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!??!?! WHUUUUTTT??????? i’m flabbergasted!

• Elmarie October 30, 2013 at 2:15 am #

I would really comment that microwave kills all the enzymes, you are NOT giving healthy food from a microwave…….

• Cecilia Long October 30, 2013 at 7:17 am #

Oh dear lord. This is been disproven SOOO many times. This simply is not true. I have done it myself and this dosest happen the plants grow EXACTLY the same.

17. Vic Vincent October 18, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

OMG!! These are simply divine. Just made them for my husband & I tonight. 2 minutes flat. You are a genius to come up with this. Pumpkin salute!

18. Rachel McGuinness October 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Did this in the oven. Cook the base at 200 deg C for 10 mins and then add topping and cook for 15 mins or until set. Yummy! X

19. Amanda October 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm #

I’m enjoying this RIGHT NOW! :) We were at a party tonight where they served pumpkin pie laden with dairy, soy, gluten and HFCS – none of which I can have so as soon as I got the kiddos down to bed I pulled your recipe up. :) Since I can’t have dairy I used soy free Earth Balance and added 1 extra tablespoon of almond flour and just a wee bit more maple. Yummmm! Thanks for the recipe!

• The Paleo Mama October 20, 2013 at 10:29 am #

Yay!!! Soooo glad you are enjoying it Amanda!!!

20. Amanda October 19, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

Oh and I made mine in a coffee mug and it came out great. (2 min 40 sec)

21. Pam October 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

What is a ramekin and where do I get one :-/

• The Paleo Mama October 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

It’s a small dish but you can use a coffee mug instead!

22. crystal October 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm #

I have not used this ,but I have used coconut oil befor on many things and it has been wonderfull.With that I can’t wait to try it!!

23. MizzEm October 30, 2013 at 11:42 pm #

Do you know that the pumpkin product you have linked is a pumpkin _pie mix_ (ingredients listed: “Organic pumpkin puree*, sugar*, cinnamon*, nutmeg*, ginger*, cloves*, and allspice*”), not plain pumpkin puree? I am _guessing_ that your recipe is actually calling for plain pumpkin or squash puree (sweet potato makes a fine pie too) and not the presweetened stuff, since it calls for additional sweetener and spices. I’ll need to figure out a better substitute for the coconut flour since except for coconut oil, coconut and I don’t get along; all nut-flour was not very good and I don’t like chia. Since I’m not paleo (I probably lean most toward WAPF, but I’m not strictly in that camp either) I’m thinking maybe sprouted quinoa or buckwheat.
    Surprised it took almost three weeks for someone to have a conniption about the use of a microwave. :) I also have absolutely no problem with using a microwave… I appreciate good m’wave recipes since I’m cooking for one person and heating up the big oven is a massive waste of electricity. My apartment’s kitchenette only has approximately six linear feet of countertop, and not even all together, so a countertop oven isn’t an option! The m’wave is a built-in over the stove.

24. Barbara Doucet November 6, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

Can hardly wait to try this recipe!! Gotta go get the ingredients. LOVE most anything pumpkin. :-D

25. Nancy Oyer March 18, 2014 at 10:09 pm #

Award winning! Thank you for this!

26. Kristen April 16, 2014 at 8:46 pm #

I’ve made this a couple of times, and it’s great (and easy)! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

27. Marie May 19, 2014 at 3:30 am #

i dont follow the paleo diet but have to say this was delicious! i made a couple changes (regular flour instead of coconut and almond flour) and it was still perfect. since im the only one in the house who enjoys pumpkin pie i didnt have to eat the whole pie myself and just had a taste :) wonderful, thank you!