As a mother of 2 kids at home, 2 goats (one in milk), 17 chickens, and a full-time cleaner and personal laundromat, I am STRAPPED for time. I don’t have time to make pie, cookies, or delicious treats for my kids everyday. I make 3 Paleo meals a day and THAT’S it! My kitchen is a disaster most days!
But it’s pumpkin season and I LOVE me some pumpkin. But I don’t want to make a whole pie. I might eat it all! So, I’ve been trying to find a fix for my pumpkin craving. My Pumpkin Pie in a Cup is delicious, but sometimes I want to chew my pumpkin and not drink it.
I don’t mind microwaves either. I know some people refuse to use them and if you’re reading this and now realize that this recipe requires a microwave…I’m sorry. How’d you think you were gonna get Pumpkin Pie in 2 minutes without a microwave?! I’m sure you can use your oven if you really want to. I’m an honest person. I’m not going to tell you microwaves are bad and then just secretly use one. I have a microwave and I use it often.
So, I put the genius idea of my Mug Brownie together with my Pumpkin smoothie and this is what I’ve come up with. This is very much the texture of Pumpkin Pie because there is no “cake-y” ingredients in it like coconut flour or almond flour. I really suggest you make the crust because it gives it that crunch that blends well with the smooth texture of the Pumpkin!
Pumpkin Pie in 2 Minutes Flat!
- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of stevia or 2 TB of raw honey/or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie spice
Crust (Optional) – you can totally make this without the crust…although you would be missing out!
1. Put the butter/ghee in a large ramekin and toss in microwave for 3o seconds to melt.
2. Add the shredded coconut and the almond flour to the butter and mix it around with a spoon. Pat it down to form the crust. Sprinkle with coconut sugar if you like.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice, and sweetener of choice together till smooth.
4. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the large ramekin over the crust.
5. Use fingers to form into a pretty little pie!
6. Toss in microwave for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes is up, check it. If the center is still a little wet, then pop it back in for another 20-30 seconds!
7. Careful… pumpkin gets really hot! Add your favorite toppings: coconut butter, drizzle of honey or maple syrup, pecans, whipped cream, cinnamon, or butter/ghee and eat!!! My favorite toppings are coconut butter, extra pumpkin pie spice, and pecans!
8. Enjoy and try to share