Do you find that packing a Paleo lunch box is extremely difficult? It can be pretty overwhelming. That’s why I’m writing this post today. I want to encourage you that the daunting task of packing a non-gluten filled lunch is completely possible and, possibly, even easier than you thought!
Here is what I made for my kids for lunch the other day:
Wait, don’t you homeschool? Technically, yes. But my daughter is only Pre-k/Kindergarden age so we just, pretty much, have a lot of fun during the day. I’m enjoying these early years. Did you see what I posted on Facebook the other day about homeschooling? It’s a conversation I had with a woman at the Social Security Office.
Lady: “Why isn’t your daughter in school…she looks like she should be in Kindergarten?”
Me: “Nah, she is only 4.”
Lady: “Well, then she should be in pre-k, right?”
Me: “Technically, I guess.”
Lady: “Then why isn’t she?”
Me: “I homeschool.” …..hoping that with being short, she would get off my tail.
Lady: “ohhh then why are you here and not homeschooling her? Shouldn’t she be learning something today?”
Me: “Because this is why I homeschool…so I can go and do whatever I want with them. Plus she is learning how to put up with idiots like you. ” I said that last part in my head.
Lady: “Wow, I’ve never heard that before…I’m not a big fan of homeschooling.”
Me: “I’m not a big fan of talking to you. Have a good day though.”
Crazy, eh? And, yes, I really said that last part.
Back to lunches…
Even though I homeschool, I still present healthy, colorful foods to my kids. It really helps get them to eat better. My kids do eat some high quality dairy, so we include that in our lunches.
Need more lunch ideas and inspiration?
- Check out this brand new Facebook page featuring real food lunchbox ideas all day long! I’m a contributor on the page! There are so many different lunch ideas being posted ALL DAY LONG. No matter if you are vegan, vegetarian, GAPS, or follow a Weston A. Price diet, there is something for you on this page!
- Check out my 40 Days of Gluten-free Lunchbox ideas!
- Follow my Real Food Lunchbox Pinterest page!
Great things on Amazon for lunches:
- Fred and Friends Face Plate - make silly faces with your food on a plate that has a face on it!
- Egg Molds – make shapes out of boiled eggs!
- Lunchbots Steel Container - a budget-friendly/eco-friendly Bento-style lunchbox.
Don’t forget to follow this real food lunchbox page for great ideas!